BY: MARK KONING
If you haven’t heard: The BIST 5K Run,Walk & Roll is on September 20th 2014!
Why do the BIST 5K?
Doesn’t the idea of raising money, contributing to a cause, taking part and being active sound good? So why don’t YOU join the BIST 5K?
Exercising in honour of loved ones, a family member, friend, or even yourself can build a sense of social responsibility and create a euphoric feeling that can be obtained in no other way.
Here’s what I like about exercise:
- It helps circulate the blood in my legs, arms and torso
- It allows my mind to relax and feel at one with my entire body
- I get a sense of accomplishment
- The sense of wonder is amazing; getting to explore, think and feel new things, even if I’ve been on this exact route before
- A feeling of freedom and a sense of euphoria
Taking care of yourself and knowing you’ve done something healthy, is as good a feeling as any.
Maybe walking isn’t your thing, but visiting your local gym, doing yoga, dance routines, swimming etc. can achieve the same results. Exercise in any form can do the trick and lead to not only healthiness, but happiness.
(Having said that – the BIST 5K is on September 20!)
Survivor members of BIST can cover their $40 registration fee through fundraising!
HERE’S HOW: Send your name, address, telephone number, birth date, whether you will be running or walking, and your shirt size (S,M,L and XL) to email@example.com ASAP! Print the Fundraising Form and begin collecting pledges!