We are thrilled to announce the first winner of our BIST Volunteer of the Year award in the caregiver category – Christine Kokko. If you popped into the office this fall, you would have noticed some changes – mainly that the office was super, duper organized. That’s all thanks to Christiane, who took time out to help do massive de-cluttering and -reorganizing of our space.
We can’t thank her enough!
1. The reason I began volunteering for BIST:
Because I love what they do, and wanted to be part of it!
2. If I could pick any job in the world, I would be:
The first Female Governor of Bank of Canada, as such I would promote the economic and financial welfare of Canada!
3. I have an (irrational or otherwise) fear of:
4. My greatest assets as a volunteer are:
Multitasking, administrative skills and my love for networking 😉
5. My friends would describe me as:
A Leo – passionate, tenacious and full of love!
6. If I could invent a super power, it would be:
A cure for my husband’s condition
7. What inspires me most about BIST is:
The team – and the quality of work that comes out of the organization.
8. If I won $1 million dollars I would:
Help people in need – to give them the opportunity to smile and be happy.
9. My personal hero is:
10. My celebrity “crush” is:
Sting — AND — Colin James … shh – it is a secret!
11. My favourite BIST event is:
Tuesday’s activities – and caregiver me time.
12. A quote/motto I try to live by is:
Be yourself, be and in the moment.
13. If I could volunteer anywhere in the world I would:
Volunteer in Canada — the best place on earth!
14. One time, as a kid, I:
Would run down the hill after school to be the first on to get a candy from the crossing guard – proud moments.
15. I am most proud of:
Who I have become – thanks to my friends and family believing in me.