BY: JANET CRAIG
Soup makes winter better, which is one reason why January is Soup Month.
To help you partake, our favourite Chef Janet Craig has created this easy Pho Soup recipe. Give it a try, and cook up some deliciousness, health and warmth this chilly season. Here’s to soup!
- One tetra pack of Pho broth
- Four ounce rice noodles
- One, four-ounce piece of beef steak, (round, top sirloin), slightly frozen
- Two cups of bean sprouts
- Shredded carrot or red peppers
- Green onions, sliced lime, basil, mint, and /or cilantro to garnish
1. Bring the Pho broth to the boil. If you wish to add more seasonings like fish sauce, ginger, or garlic, this is the time.
2. Cover the rice noodles with boiling water & let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Take the steak & slice it very thin. This is why you put it in the freezer for a bit.
4. Place the steak, noodles, and vegetables into large bowl.
5. Pour on the very hot broth. Meat will turn opaque.
6. Soup is usually served with hot Chili/garlic sauce .
PHOTO: JANET CRAIG
Chef Janet Craig’s recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.