BY: JANET CRAIG
Just on time for Super Bowl Weekend – or if that isn’t your thing – a Valentine’s / Anti-Valentine’s feast – our favourite chef Janet Craig brings you Baked Cocoa Wings!
This is a ‘rub’ that could be used on chicken wings or drumettes. The recipe could be doubled or tripled and stored in a glass jar for future meals, it’s also great on ribs so go ahead and enjoy!
- Three tablespoons chili powder
- One tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Two tablespoons flour – this can be gluten free or cornmeal. The fat in the skin of the wings will make them crispy.
- One tablespoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- Two teaspoons cumin powder
- One teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄3 lb chicken wings per person (appetizer portion)
1. Mix all the rub ingredients together and dust the wings well.
2. Cut off the wing tips, reserving them for another use such as
stock if desired, and halve the wings at the joint. Pat the
wings dry, season them with the rub mix .
3. If using the oven, place on the parchment lined cooking
sheet, under a preheated broiler about four inches from the
heat for ten minutes. Turn the wings and broil them for ten
minute more, or until they look crisp.
Lime Mayo Dip
One cup mayonnaise
Juice and zest from one lime
One clove of garlic minced
Two tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
½ small seeded jalapeño-finely chopped (optional)
Chef Janet Craig’s recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.