BY: CHEF JANET CRAIG
Egg Foo Yung is a basic omelet, high in protein and gluten free. You can add leftover chicken, shrimp or ham to it for an extra protein boost!
This recipe is great and the sauce works for any stir fry. For Egg Foo Yung, make the whole recipe and serve over the omelet as a sauce or gravy.
- Four egg whites beaten, or whole eggs
- Four tbsp water
- One tsp sesame seed oil
- One bunch green onions
- Two cups bean sprouts
- Two tsp fresh grated ginger
- One chopped garlic clove
- One large stalk of celery chopped
- Sauce ingredients which you can just shake in a bottle & add 1/2 cup to the recipe.
1. Beat eggs with water, oil.
2 Spray a stir fry pan with vegetable spray.
3. Sauté onions, celery, garlic & ginger together until translucent.
4. Add omelet with the beans sprouts and cook like a pancake until firm.
- One cup chicken or vegetable broth
- One tbsp grated ginger
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- Two tbsp Sherry, or white wine ( vermouth)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- One tbsp honey or Hoisin Sauce
- Two tbsp cornstarch
- Make a ” slurry” of cornstarch and broth by slowly stirring in adding more fluid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a jar which you can shake to keep cornstarch mixed.
Chef Janet Craig’s recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.