BY: CHEF JANET CRAIG
This is a vegan recipe that even I had a hard time figuring out it was not meat! It’s a quick and easy appetizer or can be spread on a sandwich. Looking for a New Year’s treat anyone? Just saying …
- Walnut Lentil Pate
- ¾ cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup cooked lentils (I prefer Le Puy)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons wheat free Tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive or walnut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp cayenne or smoked paprika (to taste)
- Sauté onion and bay leaf in 2 tbsp oil until soft. Then add garlic, continuing to cook until caramelized. Add salt, pepper and paprika. Remove the bay leaf.
- Toast walnuts on baking sheet and 400 degrees F for five to seven minutes, shaking the pan. Remove and cool.
- Place lentils, walnuts and all other ingredients in a food processor until creamy – enjoy!
Chef Janet Craig recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.